Thursday, December 1, 2011

Superhero Birthday Party

I wanted the first party I blogged about to be my daughter's first birthday party because I worked very hard on that one (think completely homemade pink rosebud topiaries), but as I didn't take the pictures I am still waiting to get my hands on them.  And it really is pointless to detail everything I created when you can't see the end result.

So that brings us to our most recent party, my son's 3rd birthday.  A few months ago he requested a superhero birthday party.  I started doing some inspirational google searches and hitting up some crafty family members for ideas, but I also kept asking him if he was *sure* this was the kind of birthday party he wanted before I dove head first into designing this party.  Yep, every time he insisted he wanted a superhero party.  Not Superman, not Batman, not Spiderman, Thor, Ironman or even Wolverine... just a superhero party.

Normally I like to do birthday invitations with pictures of the birthday boy or girl because A) they are cute and B) I like the personalization.  But this time I found some really adorable digital scrapbook kits so I went a slightly different direction:


The invite includes elements from KAPOW and Super Me digital scrapbook kits.  Awesome kits at awesome prices!

Thanks to pinterest and some awesome Google results, I came across this Valentine's idea and reworked it a bit for Andrew's party.  This was my result:





Superheros all need a city to save so I ordered a fantastic skyline background and added some superhero wall clings.


For each table we had "buildings" and "superheros".  The buildings were all made from boxes spray painted in either yellow, red or blue and black Sharpie windows.  The superheros were actually Dollar Tree ninjas sans their swords since I couldn't find any inexpensive true superheros that were the right size.



For anyone who didn't wear their superhero costume, we had a superhero creation station!  Masks, capes, stickers, jewels, markers, foam shapes, feathers and other decorations were available for any adult or child wanting to transform into their superhero alter ego.

For those who who needed refreshment, there was a make your own "hero" table:

And ice cream cake with Andrew's superhero logo:

And that was that.  They came, they played, they crafted and my son had a BLAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment